How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need your help! I have three grandsons in care. I have

Customer Question

Hello I need your help! I have three grandsons in foster care. I have been harassed endlessly by cps and have done nothing wrong. My husband and I have been married for thirty years and neither of us have ever been in trouble in our lives. We have no criminal background and still can't get our grandchildren from foster care. Our daughter has fallen into drugs and unlawful practices, she has stolen from us in which we turned her in for the crime and also the last time she got into trouble we called and turned her in hopeing she would get the help she needed and the boys would stay safely in our care but instead cps came without warrant and not even asking us to keep the boys and removed them from our home which is the only home they have ever known. Cps has lied in court about me and seem to put up every road block they can think of to keep the children out of their home even though they beg to come home. I have taken drug test after drug test for cps and all have been clean. We have a beautiful safe home for them and they are happy with us. I would love to discuss this further with you and hope to hear from you soon. I have a judication hearing set for May 9,[email protected] Yet cps has already stated they are going to try and keep children in foster care. I can't understand this assault on our family or my character and it's killing our family and our grandchildren. So please help us. My phone number is(###) ###-####I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you Spring Hart
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: kentucky
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes I have an attorney but he only wants to comply with everything they ask for and keeps delaying the process. I like my attorney and he got them for us once before but the cabinet fought back and ask us to give them to our daughter and we could be supervisors but she messed up again less than a year later.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: these boys have always lived with me and my husband, the cabinet knows this they have accused me of being an alcoholic without proof of which I'm not and has made me go take assessments at pathways and drug test after drug test, and even though I have never had a drug or alcohol problem they have been trying to make me go to out patient drug and alcohol treatment becUse they get funding for such even though I have never had a problem never been in trouble and never had a dui of any kind not even as much as a speeding ticket.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 4 months ago.

There will or should be a case set up in juvenile court for the children. If you are not yet a party or interested person in that case, you need to file an appearance. You need to file documents to have your position put on the record to ensure that the judge knows that you are ready and willing to accept custody of the children. It is unusual that a family member, who is fit to have custody, is denied. Make sure that you get this done, as if the children are adopted out, that is hard to reverse. Plus, the longer you wait, the more negatively impacted the children will be. Please let me know if this answers your question, and if you could provide a rating I would appreciate it greatly.

Related Family Law Questions