LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447

Second opinion] If the non custodian parent that is paying

Customer Question

Second opinion] If the non custodian parent that is paying child support has a picture or short video of the custodian parent relapsing/getting high
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 5 months ago.
Hello: my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to work to assist you today. It appears that you have provided some very limited information about your situation but have not asked a specific legal question. It appears that the non-custodial parent may have a video of you relapsing but you did not ask a specific question in relation to the video. My assumption is that you would be concerned that the non-custodial parent would try to go to the court and revise the custody order in the divorce. I am not sure the contents of the video or the actions that this individual intends to take, or these specific situation in regards ***** ***** video. With all of that being said, I think that it would be unlikely a court would revise a custody order in light of a video as long as the other conduct aside from what is in the video has clearly been in the best interest of the children involved. If so, a court would most likely be concerned about the video but not revise an order that was already established in particular because the non-custodial parent was apparently found to be unfit to have custody at the time of the order. Feel free to follow up with any questions or concerns you may have and I would be happy to address them. All the best, David