How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is being sued for orthodontia. yes the child

Customer Question

my husband is being sued for orthodontia. yes the child needs them., he asked to be involved and was told after the appointment that he could contact the ortho with any questions. When we called and found out it was $5700 for the 2 yr treatment. Our insurance covers $1500. We asked why so expensive and the girl on the phone said that's just what they cost. he said well, I want a second opinion and pricing and she stated the child is already in treatment. The child has a secondary insurance which the ortho did not accept. I went online and found one that did accept both insurances and was 3 miles from her house. $3700 was the cost of the exact same treatment. I also found another ortho 12 miles away that would have taken both insurances and the cost for treatment was $3400. the two that took both insurances would have resulted in $0 owed. The braces would have been covered 100%. Is there anyway for my husband to fight this? obviously she did not shop around and intentionally is looking to make him pay.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: pennsylvania
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: we have an appointment this week.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Could you explain a little more?

Who is suing your husband?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Expert:  dainne-cssm replied 4 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.