Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I am separated from husband and we have 2 kids he moved in

Customer Question

I am separated from husband and we have 2 kids he moved in with friend and I'm staying with friend for right now til I get a place. Kids go to Greencastle school. Kids are going back and forth right now. He can't take me for custody right?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I didn't file divorce papers yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 5 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

Custody determination whether by agreement or court order is an integral part of a divorce process or judicail separation if you are going through divorce or separation.

It is possible to come to a custody agreement , agree to mediation or to petition a court for a determination.

What has been filed so far in terms of custody ?

Before a full hearing on custody there is a possibility to petition the court for a temporary custody / emergency custody order and/or support order.

Rule 1915.13. Special Relief.

At any time after commencement of the action, the court may on application or its own motion grant appropriate interim or special relief. The relief may include, but is not limited to, the award of temporary legal or physical custody; the issuance of appropriate process directing that a child or a party or person having physical custody of a child be brought before the court; and a direction that a person post security to appear with the child when directed by the court or to comply with any order of the court.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok

Yes so either of you can apply for special relief pending the outcome of a hearing on custody.

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill