Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How does my grandaughter get the paternity test results that…

Customer Question
How does my grandaughter...

How does my grandaughter get the paternity test results that were done on her by court order from 27 years ago in Butte county ca.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has a court order been sought regarding a paternity test?

The order was signed and processed about 27 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Ay that time her father was ordered to pay child support but pertitioned the court for relief and was granted same

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
4/17/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Court records are a matter of public record; most records from 3 decades ago are not digitalized so one would need to go to the clerk's office and likely either fill out a request, or access the records via microfiche or the mode of storage as used by that partcular court house.

If the records were sealed (this is sometimes the case when a minor is involved, but not typically done for family law paternity/custody/support issues) then one would need to petition the family law department for access to the record - basically for a certified copy of the order of paternity.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.