How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2183
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are you an attorney? I have a very serious problem. I tried

Customer Question

Are you an attorney?
JA: No. I'm the Family Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: I have a very serious problem. I tried to get an answer but because my account was once an Expert account the system was not working.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Mass. \
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have an attorney. That is the source of the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The attorney without telling me failed to amend the complaint to seek custody in an upcoming trial. And she has actively been seeking to coerce me to sign papers and agree to things that will somehow cover-up her mistake. It's bordering on harassment.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
With a pre-trial hearing coming up and the trial in three weeks, I need to apprise the Court somehow of what's happened. The attorney has dug herself a considerable hole.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear that. My suggestion would be to substitute counsel and that would buy the new attorney time to get up to speed and rectify the mistakes made by the prior attorney. You can also file an ethics grievance against your present attorney.