Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My 22 years daughter has a 2 years old daughter but she is

Customer Question

My 22 years daughter has a 2 years old daughter but she is not with the father, and she received pictures today from people in social media sending pictures of my granddaughter been kissed in her mouth by his daddy's girlfriend. How is that possible? Can she post pictures of my granddaughter without my daughters consent?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Florida
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how can my daughter to stop this situation?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Absent an order in the custody decree, the parent who has custody of the child at the time is free to take photos of the child, and, to share them as he/she sees fit.

To stop this, she would have to file for a modification of the custody decree, and specifically request that the court modify (and add) to the decree that he cannot share photos, and why (and show good reason as to why she is requesting it). Link to sample petition for this HERE.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!