How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband emailed me on the 4th of April 2017 that he is

Customer Question

My ex husband emailed me on the 4th of April 2017 that he is denying my spring break visit that's from April 17th - 23rd. My daughter live out of state with her father which he lied and got custody of. But he emailed me stating that he will not allow her to come because of his own personal feelings and I bought her plane tickets. I don't know what to do. Also attached to the email is court petition that he stated filed. Is this proper service and can he deny my visits without a court order ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not about this because it just happened in the last week or two
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. No, it is not legal. I say this because the court order will control and if you are allowed and entitled to visitation, per court order, he can not simply refuse to allow it. There needs to be a legal basis for him to refuse the visitation and his actions would have/need to be in the best interest of the child and really be an emergency situation. I say this because he can not simply exercise his personal feelings and if he is, he can be held in contempt of court and you can file a motion, to go after him. The Judge can order him before the court to explain this and could take action against him, along with making sure he repays you for any damages