How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1377
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is an alcoholic but more than that he is verbally

Customer Question

My husband is an alcoholic but more than that he is verbally abusive. How do I get him out of my house?
JA: Have you talked to a real estate attorney about this?
Customer: No, but he and all his brothers are Real Estate brokers
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, years ago, but he got in expunged.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have recently had our children and one grandchild and a friend move into our house. I cannot handle him anymore.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You can attempt to file for a protective order; however, if he is only verbally abusive and you do not fear for your physical safety or the safety of your children, then you care not able to obtain such a court order. If you can show that he is a danger to you or your children, then you may be able to have a court issue a restraining order that makes him leave your residence.

If you initiate divorce proceedings, you may be able to get the court to grant you a temporary order granting you exclusive use of your residence. You should contact a local divorce attorney in your area who can help you manage you through this process and file the required papers on your behalf.