Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What c an the custodial" parent do if the noncustodial

What c an the custodial"...
What c an the custodial" parent do if the noncustodial parent enrolls the child in a different school 70 miles from custodial parent without the custodial parent's knowledge?
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2017
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you share with me how/why it happened? If the child does not live with them why would they even do this?

The child was living with his father, and the Court papers indicate "Co-Legal Custody" with placement occurring Tuesday thru Sat. The mother refused to bring him back to the father who was home-schooling him, based on a Facebook messageby a friend to her saying the father was smoking dope, etc. Mother said child told her many details about how to smoke marijuana, and she had called Social Services to order a "hair follicle test". No record of the hair follicle test request exists or the Facebook complaint according to both County SS. Mother also refused to bring child back for the child's brother's birthday party, saying the child had told her he had lied to the police because he didn't want his dad to go to jail. There is also no record of a police questioning the child. Mother has had six children in six years by five men.
*Beyers (Sporleder), Lyn • REACH Counseling Services
*Callari-Robinson, Jacqui • WCASA
*Ceccon, Sarah • Outagamie County Health Dept.
*Dibble, Nic • WI Department of Public Instruction
*Donovan, Debbie • Sexual Assault Treatment Center
Elder, Janis • Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center
*Goodwin, April • University of Wisconsin Systems
*Graham, Cynthia • University of Wisconsin Systems
*Haberman, Heather • WI Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Hale, Linda • WI Department of Health Services
*Hammel, Jennifer • Child Abuse Prevention Fund
******, ***** • WCASA
Hotvedt, Carmen • University of Wisconsin–Madison
Jensen, Amanda • Community Referral Agency
Jones, Millie • WI Department of Health Services
Judy, Amy • Disability Rights Wisconsin
Juaabe-Botella, Lina, • WCASA
Kervin, Denise • Family Support Center
*Kobussen, Helen • Sexual Assault Crisis Center
*Kurka-Reimer, Jeannie • WCASA
LaFlash, Susan • WI Department of Health Services
*Lee, Mao • Hmong American Friendship Org.
*Leonard, Annika • WCASA
Lewandowski, Sharon • WI Department of Children and Families
Lodholz, Tiffany • WCASA
Meyers, Pennie • WCASA
Moe Litke, Kelly • WCASA
*Montagna, Stephen • WCASA
******, ***** • WI Department of Justice
*Nash, Lynne • Sexual Assault Center
Porter, Meghan • Great Lakes Intertribal Epidemiology Center
*Ramspacher, Susan • WI Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Raymond, Jane • Elder Abuse Prevention Program
WI Department of Health Services
Rewey, Carol • WI Department of Justice
Selk-Yerges, Linda • ASTOP
*Smith, Kittie • Violence Against Women Program
WI Office of Justice Assistance
Sykora, Alice • WI Department of Health Services
Vaj, Kabzuag • Refugee Family Strengtheo-:L

If the mother believes that the father is using drugs and that the home schooling of the child is not in their best interest and they object to it and/or feel this is outside the scope of the ability of the father, they can take the father back to court and seek to modify the court order, regarding custody. If the mother did this, she needs to have a basis to support her actions, as the father could take the mother to court and seek to hold her in contempt, for failing to bring the child back. It would be up to the decide what actions, to take, based upon the allegations of drug use and the child being home schooled, as opposed to being in a drug free home and in school.

Thanks.
You are very welcome. If there is notning further I kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time.
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer