Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My abusive husband has accused me of being too mentally

Customer Question
My abusive husband has...

My abusive husband has accused me of being too mentally unbalanced to care for my children. It's completely untrue. We are going to court on the 11th. He has always controlled the money and I have none. Is there a way I can get my husband to pay my attorney fees?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He has filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has been abusive our whole marriage.c

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
4/1/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
It takes some nerve for for him to do that given his conduct. On your court date you want to reject the claims and identify specific instances of his abuse and bad conduct.To that end You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Police reports and restraining orders would be especially relevant for the court as would any witness statements which show he is not a good person for children to be around. The test is whether it is in best interests of the child.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.