Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

When you get gardianship of a, what guarantees do you have…

Customer Question
When you get gardianship...

When you get gardianship of a ward, what guarantees do you have that your ward will never again b e made to sign contracts without the legal representation of his guardian?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I have to pay for advice? And who will I be speakng with. I am located in Essex county.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
4/1/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

It would be prudent here to file a copy of the guardianship orders where you were appointed in the county deed records.The credit bureaus all pick up such deed records and it would be noted in their creditor and considered public information.If anyone tries to contract you can reference them the recorded orders with volume and page number.Th sis the best way to put lenders, creditors, etc on notice that a guardianship is on file and the person has been adjudicated as incompetent to contract here in NJ.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.