Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question about terminating parental rights for a…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a question about terminating parental rights for a man who has never been in her life and she is going to be 11 in August. My daughter has never seen him and he has never made an effort. I just want to know if it is possible to do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. He has paid less than 1500 in child support in the almost 11 years so he is about 18000 behind.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
4/1/2017
Family Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Was there a decree/court order ever entered establishing paternity, custody and support?