Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been telling my husband i want a divorce and he comes…

Customer Question
I have been telling...

I have been telling my husband i want a divorce and he comes up to my bedroom and is touching me against my will and he is violating my liberties! I have a temprary restraining order against him for threatening me about having his way with me when he gets home. how can i protect myself?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes just this last time i filed and revceived a temporary restraining order

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does this cost money?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He also pinned me down against my will and tried to force me to have sex against my will...
3/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficuites.

Kindly explain a little more.

If you have obtained a Temporary Restraining Order against him, what is he still doing at the house? The primary reason for a Restraining Order is to prevent him from having contact with you. Why is he still at the house?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He's out of the house now but worried about the final restraining order
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he threatened me that he was going to have his way with me when he got home so i called the police and got the restraining order

Thank you for the information.

You have taken steps to protect yourself by filing for Restraining Order and calling the Police when he threatened you. You just need to be strong when you have a hearing on the extension of the Restraining Order. Do NOT let him talk you out of telling the Judge that you need the Restraining Order made permanent or extended. If you let him convince you that he has changed and he would not try to force himself on you, you would live to regret that. Chances are that he has not changed and he may actually rape you. So, be very careful. Also, if he violates the Restraining Order, you need to contact the Police immediately. You also need to file contempt action against him.

Best wishes and be safe,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question was does he have the right to touch me against my will?

No, he does not.

Family Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

I'm Heather - a different expert attorney. Do you have any follow up questions I can help with?