Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son just got divorced in November. He has a very high…

Customer Question
My son just got...

My son just got divorced in November. He has a very high profile job and gave her everything she wanted. They have two children 4 & 6 and share custody. He just found out that she was a few months pregnant with some else baby prior to divorce. Can he ask the courts that he gets an accounting of the child support that he gives her so it won't go toward new baby and her boyfriend. He also signed agreement that he would give her the remaining money from his sign on bonus which was over 1/2 a million (she got the first half already but the other is due this year.) Since she did not negotiate in good faith can he re-negotiate his agreement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

His divorce attorney but he never got back to him with an answer yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: This sounds important. The lawyer will definitely help you with this. I'm going to connect you with a lawyer who has 11,619 happy customers and a 4.7 out of 5 Rating. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

He had no clue and did not want the divorce. She got 50% of everything and married shy of 6 years. Children 5 and 3 time of divorce.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/21/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this; since FL is a no fault divorce, normally adultery is not taken into consideration unless the party squandered marital property on the other person.

It usually will not affect property division or even alimony.

WHere it has the biggest impact is child custody/visitation as if the party is living a lifestyle that is not providing a good role model for the children the court can take that into consideration. They will determine which custody arrangement is in the child's best interest and will consider the following factors:

(a) The love, affection, and other emotional ties existing between the parties involved and the child.

(b) The capacity and disposition of the parties involved to give the child love, affection, and guidance and to continue the education and raising of the child in his or her religion or creed, if any.

(c) The capacity and disposition of the parties involved to provide the child with food, clothing, medical care or other remedial care recognized and permitted under the laws of this state in place of medical care, and other material needs.

(d) The length of time the child has lived in a stable, satisfactory environment, and the desirability of maintaining continuity.

(e) The permanence, as a family unit, of the existing or proposed custodial home or homes.

(f) The moral fitness of the parties involved.

(g) The mental and physical health of the parties involved.

(h) The home, school, and community record of the child.

(i) The reasonable preference of the child, if the court considers the child to be of sufficient age to express preference.

(j) The willingness and ability of each of the parties to facilitate and encourage a close and continuing parent-child relationship between the child and the other parent or the child and the parents.

(k) Domestic violence, regardless of whether the violence was directed against or witnessed by the child.

(l) Any other factor considered by the court to be relevant to a particular child custody dispute.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!