Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What is a stay from child support in the state of MO,

Customer Question
What is a stay...

What is a stay from child support in the state of MO

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know...my son asked me to help..His drivers license was suspended and the license office said that he needed a stay for child support

Lawyer's Assistant: This sounds important. The lawyer will definitely help you with this. I'm going to connect you with a lawyer who has 8775 happy customers and a 4.6 out of 5 Rating. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

No thats all he told me and he drives for a living

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello anyone there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

A stay, is normally when the obligation to pay support, would temporarily stop and cease, for a period of time. For example, if someone lost their job and was not able to earn income to pay support, they can ask for a stay of the payments, until they find work, so not interest or action would be taken by the court. In this case, in order to get him to pay, they suspended his license. They likely want to see and obtain a court order, advising that he does not have to continue to pay until X and/or that if he starts making Y payments, the suspension could be lifted.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!