Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex wife and I have decided to waive or forgive the child…

Customer Question
My ex wife and...

My ex wife and I have decided to waive or forgive the child support arrears, I have been paying with the exception of a couple years due to injuries, both children involved are 20 years of age so current support has stopped but I continue to pay the arrears. I cannot get a house loan because of arrears, or passport so my ex wife is willing to forgive the arrears, but she would like something in writing from a lawyer stated that I will continue to pay till the amount is satisfied. Is there a standard form to use? Im in the state of Nebraska Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Use a general release signed by ex and add support to the items being released.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ive looked for general release form but of course there are 100's of different ones any suggestions?

http://www.nytitle.com/forms/General_Release.pdf

add the support payment to the list therein.

Good luck. Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Infolawyer, Lawyer