Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Family Law: Divorced husband in 1990 and he was ordered to

pay child support. Needless to...
Family Law: Divorced husband in 1990 and he was ordered to pay child support. Needless to say he never paid anything. A couple years ago he filed for SSI and draws from my account since he could never hold down a job. A couple years ago he started pressuring me to drop the case or else. Last year he text me with his insistence and threats. He scratch my car and said he would file a restraining order against me for elder abuse and financial abuse because the county takes $200.00 from his SSI check per month for his child support arrears. I was served 3 times to appear in court and they were dropped because he didn't show up. Then he filed in December and I couldn't afford to keep going, and of course this time he showed up and won. Now he has hire an Advocacy Group and sent me a letter saying if I didn't drop the case they would take me to court for elder abuse and financial abuse. Ironically his Mother and Brother both have restraining orders against him because he's a bully. I don't know what to do, but I'm the last person he needs a restraining order with. I have never bothered him. He's a narcissistic bully.
3/18/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I see no elder or financial abuse here.You don't have to give into their demands.You can continue to pursue what you are owed here.If you want to stay after him here and get your money by all means do so.You are owed the debt , if the court dropped it here you may motion for a new trial.You have remedies you would just keep after them here.

Options to appeal this yourself with self help and forms

http://www.courts.ca.gov/5804.htm

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Even tho he has hired an Advocacy group? Would I need to file papers in his county where the restraining order was granted or can I file in my county

For child support you file where the current case is.If you want to contest the restraining order it is where the order was entered here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Thank you SO much :-)

Bye for now.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer