Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

After parents relinquish parental right can Ms Dhs still…

Customer Question
After parents relinquish parental...

After parents relinquish parental right can Ms Dhs still screen them for drugs rights were given to grandparents

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mississippi ms

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not since the intial clain drug allegation and parents refused to take test and signed away rights

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The parent were living in same home with kids although no legal right to them

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
3/9/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they have said the father has to go to rehab or the new custodian will be summond to court and in all likely hood because of his refusal to comply custodian could loose children

The department can request the drug testing of any person that is around the child; however, they cannot compel drug testing absent a court order.

The court can remove the child from the home if they believe the children are in the presence of substance abusers.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!