Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex-husband put me on a quitclaim while we were married.

Customer Question
My ex-husband put me...

My ex-husband put me on a quitclaim while we were married. He left my name on quitclaim with joint tenancy after divorce. He claimed ownership and title in our separation agreement. He checked the the other box in the separation agreement and stated that my name is ***** ***** quitclaim and leave her there. Now he passed away. His sons from a previous marriage are not having it, they want to fight it and want me to sign the quitclaim back to them. How do I go by this? They are going to get a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I haven't received anything from their lawyer

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
2/17/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You should sign nothing. You are owner given title on deed. You can elect to keep it or sell it but should not sign your name off. You can also have a lawyer represent you locally.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Kindly rate me five stars.Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.