How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are divorcing. We have a written agreement

Customer Question

My husband and I are divorcing. We have a written agreement that he will leave the Gi Bill transferred to me and not revoke it in the future. In exchange, I ask for nothing in terms of pension, etc from him. We haven't started legal paperwork yet, and he has just recently revoked the GI Bill anyway. Is there anything I can do? The grounds for divorce centers on his unfaithfulness.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I haven't. I have documentation and emails. But I have no idea who to talk to about this.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am, not that I can think of.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What is your question...are you asking if the court can order him to designate the GI Bill to you?