Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband and I are divorcing. We have a written agreement

Customer Question

My husband and I are divorcing. We have a written agreement that he will leave the Gi Bill transferred to me and not revoke it in the future. In exchange, I ask for nothing in terms of pension, etc from him. We haven't started legal paperwork yet, and he has just recently revoked the GI Bill anyway. Is there anything I can do? The grounds for divorce centers on his unfaithfulness.
JA: Are you overseas or stateside?
Customer: stateside
JA: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?
Customer: I haven't. I have documentation and emails. But I have no idea who to talk to about this.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am, not that I can think of.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What is your question...are you asking if the court can order him to designate the GI Bill to you?