Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My ex girlfriend has succeeded in breaking up my marriage

Customer Question
through a process of defamation...
My ex girlfriend has succeeded in breaking up my marriage through a process of defamation. We separated and my wife went back to NC, which has alienation of affection laws. I live in CA.I know my ex GF has used software to falsify information about me to my wife but I lack proof. I also know my ex GF has disseminated sexually explicit photographs of me to my wife but I lack proof. I wish to subpoena my ex GF's phone and email records to obtain that proof, which in turn might be used in an alienation of affection action in NC. One person can testify that he was a subject to cyber bulling by my ex GF and obtained knowledge that she used software/app to falsify her identity while doing so. My ex GF has sent me a letter warning of filing a restraining order against me, with demonstrably false accusations in that letter--and this while maintaining a relationship with my wife who has been beguiled by her.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Family Law
I have had informal conversations with law firms in NC that confirmed that my situation does fall under the alienation of affection statutes, but I wish to obtain as much information as I can before launching that action.
1/31/2017
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

I want to hire an attorney to subpoena my ex girl friends phone and email records.
I know she has disseminated sexually explicit pictures of me based on my wife's comments--against the law in CAI know she has falsified electronic information about me to my wife based on my wife's comments. I lack that proof.

This website is designed to provide you with information...but the attorneys on this site can not represent you.

My ultimate goal is to save my marriage. I may not be able to accomplish that, but I need to stop the defamation from my ex girlfriend.
I understand you cannot represent me. I need to know what I need to do to subpoena.Will the statements of another individual and myself that she used software or phone apps to commit cyber bulling toward us be sufficient to obtain that subpoena?
Heh, I just paid for some information. This website is extremely awkward, and I do not feel I have been served.
I am not happy, and I have wasted my time. This is starting to look like a scam.
I paid $36 and want answers to my questions.
Ely, Counselor at Law