LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

I have a Family Court, Domestic Violence Injunction

Customer Question

I have a Family Court, Domestic Violence Injunction question. Is there a cost for this service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: the rest?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: lake county florida civil, family, domestic violence. i already have hearing for permanent injunction scheduled for the 31st
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: lake county florida, family court, domestic violence injunction. i already have final hearing to make injunction permanent on the 31st
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: lake county florida domestic violence final hearing for injunction on the 31st, i'm petitioner, don't want to go
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes final hearing on tuesda
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'm petitioner, too much anxiety (clinical) to attend. can lawyer attend without me? but what is the rest of the amount?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 5 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this;

Unfortunately I could not find any authority allowed the petitioner to not attend the hearing; this is consistent with the concept that a party has the right to cross examine the person making allegations.

Here is the bench book-the manual used by the judge; and I could not find any other cases that would allow a petitioner to not attend. The lawyer may request that the petitioner testify via satellite but that would require a court hearing to decide

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Checking to see how the above worked out for you.
If you decide to hire an attorney:

Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site:
http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/

Thank you for using JA!