How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 740
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to take my ex husband to court for spousal support he

Customer Question

I need to take my ex husband to court for spousal support he is not paying. I have no money for a lawyer and legal aide for Northeast kansas cannot help me but said I could get the form and take him to court my self. I cannot find the forms I need here online. I am not sure what they look like but Marshall Co. does not have them in their offices at courthouse. They told me to go online and get them.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in the state of Kansas. Our divorce was done in Marshall Co. ,Kansas in 2012.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The divorce and all records are in the Marshall Co. courthouse and He is starting not to pay what he is supposed to.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I looked back in my bank records and he has not sent the full amount several times. He will use the excuse that he forgot, or is sick, or that he paid and there is a mix up' He will also say he is back with his ex wife that he married and divorced after me and she does not want him to send the money. He is to pay support for 121 months which stated in February of 2012. It was 480$per month and in October of 2015 it was changed to $380per month and stating in February of 2017 it is supposed to go down to $320 a month. Last month in Dec 2016 he paid $200. the 9th and 10th and 11th month of 2016 he paid $325 a month. i would like him to pay all support he is in arrears for and ask that he has to pay 350 per month. He is supposed to pay on the 1st. each month but it verys to whenever he feels like sending it. It goes to the Kansas Payment Center and they send it to my bank account. I would also like him to pay encurred court cost for having to take him to court,
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Are you still with me?
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Is the lawyer going to advise me or help ?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here:
Customer: Am I suppsed to go there now or wait?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 6 months ago.

I know what you want and need to file but I don't see such a form on their website. I have been to the court and legal aid websites and don't see it. They just have the basics. You want a petition to enforce or something similar. Can the person that told you be of anymore help as for where to go to find them online? I don't see them, so I am wondering why that person would say they are available.

Related Family Law Questions