How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband had a TBI (November 2015). He has been at an AFH

Customer Question

My husband had a TBI (November 2015). He has been at an AFH for approximately 3.5 months, but wants to come home. In his own words, he "experiences isolation sickness & feels like he's living in solitary confinement." The caregivers, at the AFH, leave him in bed all day, with the blinds closed, & his only source of stimulation is the TV in his room. They deprive him of the socialization activities stated in the written/signed legal contract. Furthermore, the AFH refuses to follow the state guidelines justifying his $225 daily rate of care (he is not on a ventilator, he does not have a trach, & he does not require a feeding tube). I have been advised that hiring an attorney is necessary for him to come home. I would like to get this process started, as soon as possible, as my husband has regressed since being at the AFH, but I KNOW that he will improve rapidly at home surrounded by our pets, & his amazing support system of friends, family, & myself. Please contact me, Erika ********** ************, at your earliest convenience. Thank you so very much!!!

Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but what is your question for us? We are forbidden by state law from representing anyone from this site, the most we can do is provide information to customers to help guide them in their situations.

Related Family Law Questions