Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My ex who is ny daughters father tried to commit suicide six

Customer Question
months ago. What are his...
My ex who is ny daughters father tried to commit suicide six months ago. What are his chances of getting joint custody
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No maam not yet. I am in the state of new mexico
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. He walked out of her life twice and she is only 5 months old. And 3 days ago he threatened to commit suicide again. He doesnt have a stable home either.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2017
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I think a judge would be reluctant to give joint custody until he had medical assurance that the father is mentally stable and sound.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer