How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband pays child support on his son, doesn't have

Customer Question

My husband pays child support on his son, doesn't have visitation set up doesn't see him (because of the situation) but the mother of his son doesn't have full custody of my husbands son the kids grandmother (mothers mom) has temp custody without my husbands say so we have not gone to court he did not sign any papers or anything giving her permission to have temp custody well now the childs grandmother is going to jail for up to 5 years on drug charges growing pot plants in her back yard.... and we have been told that the child may be in temp custody of the aunt (mothers sister) the mother of this child is not mentaly stable to take care of herself so she as well has to have a gaurdien to watch over her and her children..... is it legal for anybody to have temp custody of this child without my husbands permission?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: IL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I know they have been to court for child support 3 years after the child was born because some other guy was said to be the childs father and that guy took care of him for 3 years even signed the papers at the hostpital...till the mother and that guy broke up then they took my husband to court for a paternity test and child support other than that nothing to our knowledge has been in court.....also the mother is getting disability and is receiving child support for this child is that legal as well?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are also trying to figure out how my husband can willing give up his rights to the child because of the situation because of the mother will not let us see the child so my husband is willing to give up his rights so he doesn't have to pay childsupport to a child he cant see is that possible as well?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok will I be able to talk with a lawyer1/ ?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,