LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I am in Colorado. am wanting a divorce my husband does not.

Customer Question

I am in Colorado. am wanting a divorce my husband does not. He said he would have the courts award him our home and make me sell my horses? what determines who gets the home? I owned the home before we were married. and how could he force me to sell my horses? He is the income generator I only work part time
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: colorado
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how is alimony calculated?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you owned the home before you were married and his name is ***** ***** the deed, then while he can ask the court to grant him some of the equity in the home, he will not be able to take the home from you.

As for your horses, it should not be a significant problem for you to keep them and it is unlikely that the court would order that they be sold.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge of just $9 more, I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug