How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NYCLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 56549
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
NYCLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What has to be done to qualify someone as an expert to

This answer was rated:

What has to be done to qualify someone as an expert to testify in NY Family Court? Meaning, does a motion has to be filed to request permission? What does the expert need to submit or testify to to be accepted as an expert? Is there any guidance for how to question an expert? Perhaps what I am looking for are the rules of evidence????Thanks.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Normally an expert report is prepared about the area of testimony which gets circulated in advance of trial. If the other side objects would file a motion to bar the expert from testimony. The expert normally testifies based on the report and not on factual issues.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you elaborate as to what process someone pro se would follow to have an expert testify for their case....or reference to where the information could be found. Thanks.

Disclose name of expert. Work with expert on a report, which the expert will normally be familiar in prepating in such cases and takes the lead on. exchange reports. when case is heard, expert testifies about report process and findings.

You can also review this article on the subject:

I wish you the best. Please let me know that the answer is acceptable. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the help.

Very welcome. Kindly rate me positively.

NYCLAWYER and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions