How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can cps take your childern without a warrant and can they

Customer Question

can cps take your childern without a warrant and can they make a case on a case that s all ready been closed
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: indiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: going to ask for one when go to court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 7 months ago.

Good Afternoon:

Welcome to JustAnswer!

I will try my best to answer your question.

Dealing with child protective services (cps) can be difficult at best and a nightmare at worst. Your experience for larger depending upon the case worker that is assigned to your matter. If you have a young idiot who doesn't even have children and no significant life experience you got a problem.

Specifically to your question, no CPS does not require a warrant to remove children from your home. Typically, CPS does not remove children based upon closed cases. There must've been some new allegations raised by someone. Perhaps it was an additional allegation which was the same as the prior case. I will attempt to make sure you have all the basic necessities in place for your children, Such as appropriate food, clothing, sleeping arrangements, Etc. It's always very helpful to take pictures of the home/living environment. Make sure you bring a copies of your electric, water and heating bill and photos of your cabinets showing it is stocked with food. This will help establish that the children are not in any immediate danger. Is a good idea to utilize the attorney provided for you at a minimum hey make sure you provide him or her with all the photos in evidence showing all the basic needs have been provided for. If there are specific allegations you need to try your best document that they are untrue, or if true, that you have taken actions to correct the problem identified.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck obtaining the return of your children.