RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

For RAY. ((((.J.))))) here. In connection with my previous

Customer Question

For RAY.
((((B.J.))))) here.
In connection with my previous question, I have this additional issue I would like to get your opinion on:
When we reached our mediated divorce agreement, it stipulated who would get what property;cars,trucks, house,etc.
But it never said how that would occur.
It stated I would get the ford, chevy and jeep, which are in both of our names. It said she gets the Honda, which we didn't have when the divorce was filed, but is in her name only-she is buying it.
the house goes to me and is already in my name.What I don't understand is: Our attorneys want us both to go to the opposing councils office soon and sign a power of attorney over to the opposing council so they can facilitate the transfer of the property into the awardees name.
1. what does this POA cover, and is it limited?
2. why is it nessicary to sign any POA on my behalf ,when the items awarded to me are already in my name, and the vehicle awarded to her is already in her name?
3.in the msa, I never agreed to give then my POA.
4.How is a POA terminated or restricted to someone it is given to? please give example if you can....
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

1. what does this POA cover, and is it limited?It usually is time limited and a dmv POA.
2. why is it nessicary to sign any POA on my behalf ,when the items awarded to me are already in my name, and the vehicle awarded to her is already in her name?I am not sure it is needed here.From what you state there is not title transfers needed.
3.in the msa, I never agreed to give then my POA.Again I would question this its not in the MSA

Here is the DMV limited POA

https://www.google.com/search?q=texas+dmv+poa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I just don't see it is needed.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.