How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118175
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The children I adopted is out of control, I tried to return

Customer Question

The children I adopted is out of control, I tried to return them to the state of Hawaii CWS but was told I will be charged with child neglect. What can I do to return them as I am a teacher and cannot be charged with child neglect. Please help me.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Family Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Hawaii.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I talked to child welfare services they told me to find someone who could take the. Children but there is no one I know who wants to keep them.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was suggested by CWS that I give their mother successor guardianship and I can walk away with no more ties. I read that it does not work like that. No one told me that we would be charged with child neglect in the beginning only that if we return them that they would have to start the process with their mother over again.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is a very hard issue that many adoptive parents are faced with. The problem is that once adoption is granted you are treated no different than if you gave birth to the children yourself. Your adoption was your agreement to provide and care for the children regardless of good or bad. You cannot just walk away from the children I am afraid, you would have to actually find someone to agree to take guardianship, which you could get granted through the courts. You cannot just give their mother successor guardianship and walk away, you would have to go to court with the mother and get the court to order guardianship to the mother, but you still remain liable for them as their legal parent and that does not go away.
The only other option to consider is perhaps a boarding school that can help try to resolve whatever issues these children have. Other than that, you will have to try to seek out counseling to try to get to the root of their issues and work to resolve them just like you would with any child that was your biological child.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.