Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What are my rights regarding video/audio that was taken of…

What are my rights regarding...
What are my rights regarding video/audio that was taken of me without my consent?
My husband filed for divorce and provided the Department of Children and Families some video/audio of us arguing without my consent. Our 6 year old was home but the dispute was between he and I, not me yelling at our daughter. Is it illegal for the department to use these recordings against me?
1/9/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Response 1: The video/audio cannot be used in Court proceeding against you because your consent is required before taping of the audio or video. You can file criminal complaint against your husband with your District Attorney's office for the illegal taping.

Response 2: Yes, because the taping required your consent.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, so at my hearing today I can say I did not consent to the tapings and the department will have to dismiss that part of the "findings" for the allegations?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also can I file a complaint against the department for viewing the recordings to charge me with "physical neglect" which is untrue?
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law