How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about pre paid child support My husband

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a question about pre paid child support My husband paid his past due child support off. His payments reduced to 700. He got a letter to confirm the reduction Now he has a letter saying pre paid child support is set at 900
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He found out he supposedly had a child when the child was 6yrs old. This was 3 years ago. He was deployed to Afghanistan so could not attend court where they deemed him the parent with no actual proof He's been paying child support since
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 6 months ago.

are you asking if he can modify it further? does he owe you money?

Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 6 months ago.

awaiting your reply.

Related Family Law Questions