How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sign over the rights for my child

Customer Question

i want to sign over the rights for my child
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 6 months ago.

Good Evening:

I will best try to answer your question.

Singing over rights to your child can be done via a custody order in which the other parent has sole legal and physical custody. If your intent is to eliminate a support obligation that is more complicated. The best way to eliminate the support obligation is if there is another person who will be adopting while you are relinquishing your parental rights. The court wants to ensure if at all possible that all children have two adults responsible for their care and support.

I hope that this information is helpful and wish you the best of luck.