How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 6 yo child who is in a reading recovery program. This

Customer Question

Hi I have 6 yo child who is in a reading recovery program. This same teacher also had my daughter for this program. it is a one on one program. this particular teacher looses her patience and can get aggravated easily with my kids. I called the school and explained the situation with them. I asked for them to remove my child from this reding recovery teacher and they sais that I do not have a parental right to request this. they will not remove him from this program nor will they put him with a different teacher. do you know my parental rights on this , thanks Lisa Lauar
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Massachusettes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not in regards ***** ***** specifically
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this same teacher also behaved like this with my daughter. it is killing my childs confidence and I do not want that to happen. I want my kids to enjoy school and enjoy learning
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, you have a right to request that your child be removed from the class.

You need to escalate the matter to the Superintendent of Schools.

Best wishes,

Related Family Law Questions