How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know what my legal rights are as a great

Customer Question

I need to know what my legal rights are as a great grandpa.My 18 year old grand -daughter and here baby have been living with me for the past fifteen months.this baby has been living with me. Every sense she was born fifteen months ago I have been taking care of her all this time now her mother has met this boy and she is moving in with him.The boy lives in a barn he is bad news he is in trouble with the law.he is a felon and drug user.I don't want my great-grand-daughter around this boy or this kind of I have the legal right to keep this baby here with me or can the law force me to let her go with her mother even though this baby will be in danger.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Waco texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.tried to talk to CPS yesterday got no where
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need help to protect this baby.this boy has a assault charge and a drug charge pending
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. The mother does have a right to leave your home, with the child, if she desires. As a great grandparent, you do not have a legal right, at this time, to prevent her from doing so, since she is an adult and is the mother of the child. If you have concerns about the baby, you would have to proceed through the court and get custody of the child, show it is in the childs best interest to live and stay with you and not be with the mother.

Related Family Law Questions