originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
74576488

My soon ex wants this: "he wants an extra mid-week

Customer Question

My soon ex wants this: "he wants an extra mid-week possession included in a SPO. A domicile restriction to Williamson County is necessary in that he is very close and involved with his son"
Does this means he wants 50/50 of custody of our child?.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for your question! I am working on your answer. This service is for information only. I cannot give you legal advice. Please stand by!

It doesn't necessarily mean that. It would probably end up being close to 60/40 though, with you having slightly more time. It depends on how much time in the midweek he wants.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But that means that half of the week my son will stay with me and the rest of the week with him?

Not necessarily. Usually, a SPO is that the non custodial parent gets 1st, 3rd and 5th weekends, and two hours on Thursday night. If all he wants is an extra period of time during the week, that still might not come out to exactly 50/50 and it also doesn't mean you'll split the week. It would all depend on what he meant by "extra mid-week possession". If he wanted to split the week, I think he would have said so, but the only way to know for sure would be to ask him or his attorney exactly what he wants.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks

You are welcome!