FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My spouse moved out 3 months ago. she has been back one time

Customer Question

My spouse moved out 3 months ago. she has been back one time and she broke in and damaged the back door is this abandonment
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. At this point, it would not be a basis/ground for divorce. I say this because abandonment is when your spouse leaves you with the intention of abandoning you and they remain away for at least one year. At this point, she has been gone for 3 months. If she vacated the home and no longer lives there, she should not be breaking in and if you are separated, could call the police and report this.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.