LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

Sure.. I just received the Final Decree of Divorce from my

Customer Question

Sure. Hi! I'm Ned. I just received the Final Decree of Divorce from my "ex". I currently live in OUR house. How much time do I have to vacate ?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I did earlier in response to the Original Decree papers. I did NOT file the ANSWER to the ORIGINAL. And no, they did NOT tell me how much time I have after the FINAL DECREE is issued.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Buyout situation. I don't plan to move out until I receive ALL of the rewarded amount and NOTHING is stated in the FINAL DECREE, other than she gets the house. We were co-owners (50-50).
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 9 months ago.
There was no buyout amount listed in the decree? Did it address buy out at all?