How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in state i was living with a man for 4 years and he

Customer Question

I live in washington state i was living with a man for 4 years and he has passed away. We owned no real property. He has one daughter who he signed rights away to when she was a baby. I am employed full time he lived on 700 per month disability. His cars were in his name which I am not in possession of my car is in my name. His daughter is making all kinds of threats what do i have to give her out of our home. He literally had nothing.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington state
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No this just happened christmas eve
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the personal property he had in our home was not much more then clothes. She has already taken what he had in storage.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry for your loss. Can you please share with me what your question is?