socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Do I need an attorney to defend me on a restraining order

Customer Question

Chris, do I need an attorney to defend me on a restraining order
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My wife and I are separated for about 3 or 4 months, we have 2 children ages 5 and 8. I have had problems with drugs in the past but am going to na and aa meetings, I have had both kids for most of nov and dec. 2016. Now all of a sudden she says I can't see them, she accused me of verbal and physical abuse against her and on the iPad I bought for my son for xmas has my iCloud address on it because he needed a email address. He took it to his mothers she went thu it and found a picture of boobs and a note asking this girl if she knew where I could by a half, on my sons I pad.i had no idea that they went to the iPad as well as my iphone
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 months ago.

I have had several decades of experience in family law, and in my opinion, anyone who tries to represent themselves in defense of a restraining order is nearly certain to lose. Even with an attorney, the courts are extremely likely to err on the side of caution, whenever there is some issue that may negatively affect the child(ren)'s best interests. Consequently, if you have a known problem with controlled substances (or anything else), then you absolutely need legal representation to prepare a defense.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!