LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I am an Ordained Minister, (Reverend), through the Christian

Customer Question

I am an Ordained Minister, (Reverend), through the Christian Harvest Church dated September 24, 2010. Am I a legal Clergy in the State of Indiana, Vigo County, to officiate in a religious ceremony in a legal marriage?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The state for Ordained Ministry or State of Wedding Ceremony?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have never performed a wedding ceremony to date
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Signed by Paul Duff...no typed name. christianharvestchurch.com
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good evening Reverend,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, as you are an ordained Minister, under Indiana law, Section 31-11-6-1, you qualify to perform a marriage in Indiana. Here is a copy of the law: https://theamm.org/marriage-laws/Indiana/

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My question especially refers to the legitimacy of Christian Harvest Church Ordainment to me.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have heard there may have been a SCAM.