Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a Daughter with my ex girl friend and I'm scared she

Customer Question

I have a Daughter with my ex girl friend and I'm scared she is going to leave the state with my child without my permission what can I do
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just don't want to lose my kid
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Is there any type of custody order in place?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no sir
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no phone call

Thank you for the reply. When there is no custody order in place, through the court and a parent is scared that their child will be removed from the State, an emergency motion needs to be filed with the court, so the Judge can order that 1) the child remain in the State while the matter is pending and 2) can decide, issue and order visitation or even custody, if it is in the best interest of the child. As the father, you do have rights and would first need to establish paternity and then can ask the Judge to order visitation or custody

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!