How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Medicaid emergency and wonder the best way to

Customer Question

Hi I have a Medicaid emergency and wonder the best way to resolve. A friend who was on medicaid has moved and was removed from coverage along with her twelve year old daughter. both of them are very sick right now and I don't believe she will make it to DHS. A previous DHS worker denied her application for cash assistance, but (inadvertantly ??) canceled her medicaid. My friend is a drive by shooting victim and has a very difficult time with nearly everything (fybromialgia, depression, pain from surgery. no child support, you name it). Right now she is very sick and both she and her daughter need to be seen by a doctor. Thank you
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MI
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This is a matter of a case worker not doing their job
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no go ahead thank you
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

So let me verify that the mother and daughter are in Michigan??

Medicaid is state program if they relocated then they terminated them where they were and you need to reapply where they are now, so verify the current location.Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
grand blanc
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no this is getting to expensive
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
just text
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They have re-applied. I am not satisfied with this and envoke your guarantee. please discontinue.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

No problem I will opt out here.Good luck to you.