How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34029
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well my granddaughter is visiting with her father and has

Customer Question

well my granddaughter is visiting with her father and has been verbally abuse and physically. she scared to go home, her mother is using drugs kids have seen bags of powder. I have no rights , she cries because she dose not want to go home.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wrong web site i need family law
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we called CPS but they said if she comes to pick her up we have to give them back. There also has been health neglect.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Your son needs to file a motion to modify custody as quickly as possible.

CPS has advised correctly that, until the current custody order is modified, the child must be turned over to the mother. Otherwise, youe son risks being held in contempt and sanctioned.

In his motion he will need to present evidence of the neglect and unsafe environment in the mother's home. The court will make a decision on the motion based upon what is in the best interests of the child.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.