TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Received administrative hearing order for 13k in support

Customer Question

Received administrative hearing order for 13k in support abatement in Missouri..how would I proceed in suing for repayment..what court? What County? Parents current resident or where original order was filed?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes..but he was too busy to follow thru with the case so we have parted ways..could I file on my own
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Unless it's too inconvenient for you, I suggest that you sue in the county where the other parent resides. That would alleviate any arguments from him/her that the other court does not have jurisdiction. You would sue in the Circuit Court, which handles domestic issues.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.