FamilyAttorney
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, appellate attorney, GAL & former trial lawyer, licensed for 37 years
89910983

Part of a court order said if my ex wanted a home appraisal

Customer Question

Part of a court order said if my ex wanted a home appraisal he could have it. My ex's attorney sent an email to my attorney suggesting 3 dates and times for an appraisal. My attorney did not forward that email to me or tell me about the dates. This will be part of my ex's attorney's complaint on Tuesday. Should my attorney tell the judge that he was at fault for not forwarding the email - to make sure the judge understands that I am not trying to be difficult.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

The answer to your question is: absolutely! The attorney needs to take the blame for this as well he should. He dropped the ball somewhere. I hope this is not a regular occurrence on his part. He should feel really sheepish about this, to say the least and ask for some credit in fees -- why not? Might as well. He probably feels really bad and he knows he screwed up.

You don't want the judge to pre-judge you. Have the judge take it out on the attorney instead. IF for whatever reason the attorney doesn't take the blame for this, you may want to think about getting another attorney. He has to get you off the hook or the judge will indeed think you are being uncooperative and you have no issue with it I'm sure because you know it's a court order.

Please let me know if you need any more information, such as where to find an attorney in your area, or anything else related to this question.

Please accept my answer, rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars (5, 4 or 3 stars) and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information such as where to find lawyers. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating.

Feel free to come back here for a follow-up question based on this one.
You're welcome to ask follow-up questions at any time, any day after I'm rated, free of charge.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you! I'd rather be given the chance to add more information than be rated negatively, so I thank you for that.

Best of luck to you! Happy New Year! Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help with your question and if my answer was helpful for you or if there is any more information that you need. Thanks!

Customer/p>