How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41552
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does son pay taxes on insurance when he turns 18 from when

Customer Question

does son pay taxes on insurance when he turns 18 from when dad died in car accident 6 yrs ago
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

No these proceeds are not taxable under federal or state of Indiana law.And the federal limits for estates here is $5,450,00 so he is under the limits.These will be his funds to use as he sees fits.No federal or state income taxes due at all.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

I wish you a Happy New Year.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.