How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41663
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have an ex girlfriend. tells me she is pregnant two months.

Customer Question

hello, have an ex girlfriend. tells me she is pregnant two months. she doesn't want to keep it which I happened to agree but I need to know what she is telling me is true.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: california
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no other than we broke up about two months ago..
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

You would be able to demand a dna test through the courts prior to being named legal father.California allows you to do this.The court requires this prior to any support being ordered.This would resolve whether you are the bio father and whether she is really pregnant in this situation.

Reference tot he law and self help here to request dna testing.

More on your rights here under California law

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Please let me know if you have more follow up here.

I wish you a Happy New Year.

Related Family Law Questions